Monday, August 16, 2010

dr loveless

I didn't sleep all that well last night. i expected to be more tired. Got myself to bed on time but was up earlier than usual. A little tight when I first got up but nothing more significiant than I would get from a CF workout. Hit the pool. Did my warmup and drills. Then put a tshirt on and did a warmup 50 just to get used to the t shirt and hit a 500TT with the t-shirt on. took 10.21. This is a good improvement over last time I did this workout both timewise and in the way I felt while doing it. I didn't feel as if I was fighting as much to just keep swimming this time around.

4 rounds of
row 200 meters
20 box jumps @ 24 inches
15 ghd situps
lost the time becuase I never stopped my watch. I think it was 11 something.


I went to the foot doctor and not much to report. I've got stretched and exercises to do, more icing, an rx anti-inflmmatory drug, my night splint, gel pads. Then I think I am going to get new sneakers, and only wear them as much as possible. Of course he wants me to do no running. I am still going to do the races but not run otherwise. I go back in a week. He wouldn't even discuss surgery at this point and said a cortizone shot wouldn't help yet. That I need to work myself back to a place where it can be effective. I was really frustrated when I got out of there and not happy with the way the appt went. I am not sure if i am going to go back next week or go to another doctor. I tried to explain to him that I have already being doing these things and I think I need more aggressive treatment but he wants me to do it his way first and then we can talk about other options when he sees this doesn't work. His whole thing was that running on it stops it from ever healing up so everything that I have been doing is just keeping it somewhat manageable. He also wanted to try orthotics. Ive had them before and I swear they make my feet hurt when I run in them. I am going to take a few days to think about all of it.

chocolate soymilk
banana
sprouted grain bagel
tempeh bacon
vega wfo w/coconut water
enchiladas with tofu, black beans, veggies
peanut butter
thai salad
thai tofu and veggies over brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment