Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Its all about the heel

Did my exercises and stretches from the doctor for equinus this morning. then warmed up with a 5 minute ride before hitting 30 minutes of 1 minute on 1 minute off on the trainer with my bike. It hurt from rep one. I am just not used to pushing a hard gear that long. Heart racing, sweat pouring good stuff. I am impressed the trainer can hurt so much.

It's a taper week so im not going towards max loads. Did backsquats working up to 80 percent of my 1 rep max. air squats x 40, 45x10, 95 x 5, 115 x 3, then one rep each at 125 130 135 140 145 150 155.

I picked up a pair of new sneakers tonight to baby my foot in. They are asics Gel Nimbus. I know they won't solve the problem but hopefully they help the pain a little. I also grabbed a race belt.


So my results from the tri I did this weekend were posted

BARRACUDA TRI BREAKDOWN

750 SWIM TIME - 16:06
RUN FROM BEACH TIME - 1:00
T1 - 1:33
17 MILE BIKE TIME - 1:20:57 (OUCH! DAMN WET HILLS)
T2 - 1:29
5K TIME - 31:45 (OUCH! DAMN HEEL SPURS!)
TOTAL TIME 2:12:50 - 4TH IN AGE GROUP

I am happy with my swim time as it is the best Ive done yet. Which is good for my confidence in the water. I  still think I could do better I just have to be even more aggressive with it. I thought I was faster than that on the bike. Normally I can avg 20mph if im cooking it. so 3 - 4 min miles and my mile times were much higher. I am not sure if it was becuase of the hills or becuase I was riding without my splint on with a hand injury or maybe just from the rain. Hoping my biking goes better this weekend. my run time was horrible for me but I am pretty sure that is from the heel spurs. It just hurts so much to run lately I like just trot along. I still want to get through the rest of my races even if my run times are slow just for the experience and then hopefully once I heal up my running will improve. Nice sure how the T- times were. I tried to do my best on those.  


My hand has been feeling better so I started doing things with it lately (While the splint is on) and it's been kinda sore today so I need to back off of that. My heel still really hurts even with the drugs and the stretched and the ice etc.  Not getting enough sleep the last couple of nights. I need to correct this. Going for my pre-race massage tomorrow!


vega wfo w/coconut water
sprouted grain bagel
peanut butter
teriyaki tofu & veggies, brown rice
Thai Green Curry with tofu, veggies and rice

No comments:

Post a Comment