Monday, May 23, 2011

another deposit in the pain bank

My knee was really sore last night. I did put some ice on it but not for as long as I would have liked to. It hurt while I was sleeping. I kept waking up feeling like my knee had a fever in it. It was a rough night sleepwise overall. I was awakened several times by things outside of my control and it was just ugly this morning heading to the pool. 

Did 400 of drills just to warmup and get myself awakened for the workout. Thankfully my friend jeff was there to do the workout with me so that helped me to get through it. Jeff swims better than I do and I love when he does the wods with me because that way he keeps track of the reps and the rest time and I just have to follow him. It's a sweet deal. we did 20 rounds of 100s on 20 seconds rest. I started out swimming the first 5 at least on 1:35. Then it slowed down to 1:40. The last couple of I was really pushing to meet the 1:40 and I know on at least one I didnt make it. It was a great workout or as jeff puts it another deposit in the pain bank. Did 100 of breaststroke to cool down.

Cf wod was front squats. the pure strength training stuff is always my least favorite thing to do. I love the sexy metcons and the endurance stuff so much more. while I was doing this I was feeling the effects of the last couple of bike rides. It went well considering that.

front squats
bw x 10
45x5
65x5
75x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
100x5
105x5
110x3
110x2
110x2
110x2
105x3
95x3

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - vega wfo w/ soy yogrt, blueberries, strawberries, ground flax, mac nuts
meal 3 - tofu ravioli w/ red sauce
meal 4 - banana
meal 5 - tempeh, mushrooms, spinach, yellow beans, guacamole

im hitting the ice hardcore today and it helps a lot! I also kinesio taped.

No comments:

Post a Comment