Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Pony

Tired and out of it getting up this morning. Legs were cooked from last night's crit practice. And I had a track workout to get to! Jeff was in the driveway waiting to go so he kinda dragged me to the track. Normally I would jog there as a workout but I was in such sad shape we walked there. then ran a mile to warmup on the track. Main workout was 10 x 100 on 15 seconds rests. My times were not great but considering how sore and not recovered I was I can deal with them.

1 - 19
2 - 22
3 - 24
4 - 23
5 - 24
6 - 23
7 - 20
8 - 22
9 - 21
10 - 21

mile cooldown on the track and then a jog home.

CF wod -

10 rounds of
10 Wallballs - 14lb ball @ 9 ft target
20 situps.

Time 13:26

For a second I considering doing the situps as GHDs but it was a lot of reps and lets face it my legs were wrecked enough. It was a good change to do real situps since normally I would do GHDs. This wod went well. Probably the best wallballing I've done. It was a short enough set that I didn't have to break. I only missed 2 in the entire workout so I was moving at a pretty good clip. That makes me happy because wallballs have never been one of my favorites but while I didn't love them today I didn't hate them either.

Even more surprising is my legs and everything else actually feels better after the CF wod than it did this morning. If this trend continues where I am super sore after the team sessions I may have to rearrange the schedule so that I am swimming the morning after instead of hitting a track workout.

meal 1 - sprouted grain bagel & vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - clif bar mac nuts
meal 3 - lentils & brown rice, almonds, clif bar

No comments:

Post a Comment