Friday, May 6, 2011

Live from New Jersey

Im here and ready to take on devilman tomorrow! thankfully I slept well this week! I also followed Jay's little taper to the T for tomorrow. I took Damon out on a little spin this morning. I think the 404 is a losing a little air. I while try to inflate before the race and see how it goes. I may have the onsite bike shop look it over. I need to go and see them anyway because they have some Vittoria's Pit stop for me! that makes me really happy I don't want my race to be over because of a flat! Hopefully I won't need it and everything bike wise will jsut roll smoothly tomorrow. The weather was actually pretty warm when I arrived in town this evening so I am hoping that the water isn't going to be too cold! I am happy i left work early because the drive down was rough. It took me forever to get through Philly. It gave me enough time to get myself in order tonight and relax a bit. It was a rough few days getting ready for this with work being busy etc. but it feels good to not be running around the night before a race. I have to remember this feeling and plan accordingly in the future. Race wise I am just looking to have a good race. my 1st one at the 50 distance. I think it would be good to have some open water experience in this early in the season. Also the bike and run course are supposed to be flat and therefore similar to eagleman.

meal 1 - bagel - little vega
meal 2 clif bar mac nuts
meal 3 - tofu raviolis, seitan
meal 4 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 5 - seitan & gnocchi, mac nuts, coconut water

No comments:

Post a Comment