Tuesday, May 17, 2011

outside the palace

ended up doing 3 wods today. first was a swim - 500 of drills to warmup then it was supposed to be 25 x 25 with a mid pool start on 10 seconds rest. it ended up being at least 30 as i kept miscounting and doing them over. It's a weird wod because with the mid pool start your really don't have any speed going and then it is a few stroke and flip turn and a few strokes. I didn't time these. I just used the lap clock for the 10 seconds. had extra time so i did another 500 of drills to cooldown.

cf wod
21 - 15 - 9
Deadlifts @ 135
Clapping Push Ups
Time 6:16

This was a little light on the deadlift weight for me but it felt decent for the wod. The clapping pushups were rough.

The weather broke for a little bit this even and I was able to get the team TT session in. It is a 12.5 mile/20k loop. I wore my garmin but actually forgot to start it so no serious data. I was nervous starting because your completely clipped in and i was hoping i wasn't going to fall over. Of course I didnt but the thought did cross my mind. This was my first time doing this course. Overall I like it and i can't wait to see how my times improve on it as I ride it more and I improve my cycling fitness. There are a few little hills but no serious climbs in it.  My time was about 40 minutes. Ill have to look on the website tomrorow and see for sure. I didn't feel like i was giving it 100 percent. next time i will now that i have experienced the terrain. I don't feel like i train on my tt bike the way I race on it. I am more cautious when I am training. I guess I am less focused then.  Another cyclist who is a much better rider than me actually said that I  inspire them because i train so hard. 

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - vega wfo soy yogurt blue erries strawberries, ground flax
meal 3 clif bar
meal 4 - tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms
meal 5 - clif bar
meal 6 seitan, hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment