Thursday, May 12, 2011

One Hot Minute

swim - no warm up as I rode my bike to the pool. 35 TT - definitely 74 possibly 80 laps. I was on my 75 lap with the alarm went off but i lost my lap count about 3 times. Felt good swimming. One of the guys at the pool told me I went too hard in the beginning because I was swimming faster in the beginning than I was in the end. The trouble with doing time trials in the pool is i have no idea where i am at time wise when completing them. It isn't like I know i have 5 minutes left and just go all out for those last five minutes etc. Doing a TT for distance is easier. I wasn't unhappy with my performance though. 150 of breaststroke to cooldown. After my last race you never know when your gonna have to throw in some breaststroke.

CF WOD - 5 x 5 Thrusters
I actually don't mind thrusters in this format. It is when they are for time I hate them!
45x5
50x5
55x5
60x5
65x5
70x5
75x5
80x5
I actually think i could have gone a little heavier but no time left. I did about 2 minutes of stretching in between each round. Just trying to get my lower legs sorted out and also I was feeling my shoulder on these so i worked on that too.

Have a bike skills class tonight. my legs are not the freshest but that's ok ill make it through it. great weather and it will be fun!

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water, clif bar
meal 2 - vega wfo w/ soy yogurt, strawberries, ground flax, clif bar
meal 3 - tofu, zucchini, cabbage, guacamole. clif bar

No comments:

Post a Comment