Monday, May 16, 2011

Hands

actually recovered fairly well from the race yesterday. My foot was aching last night but i iced it and no issues with it today. My lower legs are sore so i trigger pointed those and stretched. my knee is sore too. I put some kinesio tape on it.  overall thought pretty decent so i went back to training.

swim - 1,000 of drills then 500 TT - hit 8.44 for that. not my fastest but for the morning after a race pretty decent.

cd wod - amrap 20
12 kettlebell swings @35 lbs
5 toes through rings.

got 15 full rounds in 18 minutes. abandoned the wod in the 16th round with 2 minutes left to go. I have 3 tears on my hands and my grip was killing me. I figure it was safer since i was not holding onto the kettlebell or the rings all that well at that point. my hands were shaking afterward my grip was so shot. Overall it was a great wod and I wish I was able to make it through the full 20 minutes. I might do it again once my hands recover from the tears. I went with the 35 lb kettlebell because i wasn't sure how many unbroken rounds i would be able to get with a 44. I was kipping the toes thru rings and i think between that and the kettlebells the friction was just too much.

the workouts are going to get jumbled around a bit this week i think due to the weather.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water & sprouted grain bagel
meal 2 - clif bar
meal 3 - tofu, brown rice, veggies,
meal 4 - clif bar
meal 5 - black bean dip, ezekiel tortillas, tomato, broccoli, guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment